Thursday, January 28, 2010

What's happening to the animals in Haiti?

As a pup hearing about the tragedy in Haiti, I can't help but wonder about what is happening to other pups like me who are there. I know that I rely on my family for pretty much everything, so who is taking care of the pups in Haiti? I was happy to find out that the Humane Society of the United States has been down there doing just that. They, along with a veterinary care group from the Dominican Republic have been down there giving care to the dogs and cats, and also checking on farm and zoo animals. There is also going to be a project started to get these animals vaccinated for rabies, which won't just help the animals, it will keep the people safe too. If you want more updates about the Humane Society's efforts in Haiti, you can visit their website. Just like Misty in this photo here, we are all saying prayers for them and it's also stuff like this that makes me remember how thankful I am for my own puppy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment