Saturday, November 12, 2011

Today is Katie and Martha's Forever Home Celebration!

Katie and Martha are two pups who come to All Wags and their dad, Jim, sent us their story in honor of today being their Forever Home Celebration Day! Read on for the sweet story about how these two puppy girls became the best of friends!

I found Katie at Animal Care & Control Center back in 2006, six months after I had to put my 16 year old Lab/Border Collie to sleep.  Katie was listed as a Lab mix.  There is no Lab in her! I didn't even think about it until I got her home, but she has some Pit bull in her. I do not even consider her a pit bull. Josh commented one afternoon when I picked her up from All Wags that Katie was one of the most mellow & laid back dogs that he has known. Katie came home with me on the second week of November and has been very happy since that day
On the other hand, Martha was listed as a Lab/Rotweiler mix that I brought home as a 6 week puppy back on the second week of November last year.   Katie accepted her a week later and now they are best friends.  I hate to admit it but Martha was almost too much for me to deal with. Thank God for All Wags!  She was an instant hit the first day that she came to play there! Either the 2nd or 3rd day that I took her there, she ran inside so fast that I had to drop the leash for fear of her getting hurt. She ran around the attendant waiting to take the leash and by the time Katie & I walked through the front door, Martha was behind the counter & giving licks to everyone back there. I proceeded to let Katie's leash go and she went back to where she plays with her freinds without assistance.
They both love it when they go to All Wags and the best part is that they are asleep in less that 1/2 hour when they get home!  Thank you All Wags

Do you have a story about your pups that you would like to share? If so, we would love to hear it, just email it to Karen and we will feature your pups in a blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment